Facebook recently reached the half-billion-user mark, making the social network more alluring to marketers that want to reach a broad online audience. Facebook gives people the power to share and makes the world more open and connected. Many millions of people use Facebook everyday to keep up with friends, upload an unlimited number of photos, share links and videos, and learn more about the people they meet. Businesses use has also grown in adoption of this social media platform into their marketing and communications structure.
Basic features include friend networking with others and posting on a “wall” or “commenting” on pictures. 1. Tag other people in status updates
2. Block people on chat
3. Create a “top friends” list, without an app
4. Login with your username
5. Edit the tabs on your profile
6. Publicize your event without sending annoying messages
7. Select multiple people at a time for Facebook event invites
8. Restrict your wall activity
9. Use your friend groups to easily send messages
10. Changing Your Privacy Settings
Free - Continuously evolving and growing - lots of free guidance available both from Facebook and through web search.