Growth was experienced across all global regions for Facebook in the fourth quarter of 2018. There are 1.74 billion mobile active users (Mobile Facebook MAU) for December 2016 which is an increase of 21% year-over-year (Source: Facebook as of 02/01/17). In Europe, over 307 million people are on Facebook. Market leader Facebook was the first social network to surpass 1 billion registered accounts and currently sits at 2.27 billion monthly active users making Facebook the #1 most popular social network in the world ahead of YouTube and WhatsApp. Sixth-ranked photo-sharing app Instagram had 1 billion monthly active accounts by comparison.
Basic features include friend networking with others and posting on a “wall” or “commenting” on pictures.
1. Tag other people in status updates
2. Block people on chat
3. Create a “top friends” list, without an app
4. Login with your username
5. Edit the tabs on your profile
6. Publicize your event without sending annoying messages
7. Select multiple people at a time for Facebook event invites
8. Restrict your wall activity
9. Use your friend groups to easily send messages
10. Changing Your Privacy Settings
Free - Continuously evolving and growing - lots of free guidance available both from Facebook and through web search.