New Additions under Media Monitoring
Keeping the database current is a never-ending process – we are consistently making updates. The JungleBuzz blog is your primary source to follow the changes we’ve made.
Here’s what’s new in the Media Monitoring Category.
- Metro Monitor: a comprehensive, cost effective, and easy to use media analysis service, which combines TV, radio, online news, and social media monitoring into a single platform. PR pros can easily monitor, manage, share, and analyze all of their media coverage through Metro Monitor’s platform.
- Mention Alerts: Google Alerts are great to track new web results about your product or client, but Mention goes one step further in tracking all mentions of any name across all online media platforms, including social. If someone Tweets about you or your client (even without including @username), you will see it. Mention’s daily digest email means you don’t need to log into your Mention account to monitor the coverage. This is another useful PR tool worth knowing about!
- Spike: Spike helps you spot trending stories in real time. It’s a premium service that helps you keep on top of the latest trends and stories. It’s useful for staying up to date with what’s happening in your client’s niche, and discovering opportunities before anyone else does. It’s a paid for service, but you can test the tool for free.
- Precise: One of several well-established and popular PR tools, Precise offers a comprehensive monitoring service across both mainstream and social media. With this tool, you can quickly track down coverage, and demonstrate the value of your PR work through their media analysis service.
- ITDatabase: IT Database specializes in tech news and events. It’s tech media monitoring service, called Tech News, makes it possible to identify relevant tech influencers and reporters. You can use ITDatabase to find out which themes, companies, and products the media are writing about in the technology space.
There are almost 30 different media monitoring tools in the database. It’s worth checking them out – you might find the perfect tool for your client, business AND budget.
There’s an ever-expanding list of social media specific monitoring tools in the database. These tools are becoming increasingly important, especially to effectively monitor and quantify a brand’s impact in the social space. More on that in a future blog post.
If there are any tools you like to use, but we’re missing, please let us know at [email protected].